President Monson, Charity Never Faileth

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Relief Society Birthday Party

Thank you to our amazing stake Relief Societies and Presidencies for putting together a wonderful evening in celebration of the Relief Society Birthday Party! A personal thanks to our deeply loved RS President ShaRee for organizing a presentation, and to the sisters who participated in the presentation, that taught us all a little about a few of the past RS presidents, from Emma Smith to Belle Spafford. What amazing woman they all were and many of them quite funny too! Quite possibly the highlight of the evening, I believe, was when we had the opportunity to listen to a talk President Monson gave last October, in the General Relief Society meeting. In it he points out that women of the church offer amazing acts of charity on a regular basis; visiting the sick, cooking a meal for a family in need. He also asked us not to forget another kind of charity and that is to love all, regardless of the things that make us different. Sister Perkins, our stake RS President, offered a tip she likes to use, when she meets someone new she says to herself, "I know something special about you." and then she tries to treat them that way. What a great idea! In his talk, Pres. Monson shares a story of a newly wed couple and the wife's concern over her new neighbors poorly cleaned laundry going out on the line to dry. After watching for several weeks and sharing what she saw with her husband she noticed one morning that the laundry was finally clean! She told her husband about the change and was curious what the neighbor did different... until the husband shared his morning with her- he spent it cleaning their windows! It leaves one to ask, "Are MY windows clean??" This talk is so beneficial to us all that I've posted it on our blog and I think I'll leave it up for awhile. I don't know about you but this is one that I could stand to listen to time and time again, to get myself back on track when I need it. And I think our ward blog is a convenient and appropriate place. Before I close this post I'd like to put a word in on the "light" refreshments we enjoyed! Man did the Panaca wards come through with some super treats! Have a nice week sisters. May the days be good to you and you to them and my our windows always be clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music for the Soul


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones